Are you tired of struggling with complex IT functions in-house and not seeing the results you want? Don't worry, you're not alone.
A recent survey showed that over 60% of healthcare organizations are turning to managed IT services to streamline their operations and improve efficiency, data security, and compliance. That's right, managed IT services—the outsourcing of certain IT functions to a third-party provider—has become the go-to solution for healthcare organizations seeking to tackle their biggest IT challenges.
In this article, we're going to dive into why managed IT services are the answer you've been looking for and the important factors you should consider when choosing the right provider for your healthcare organization.
Benefits of Managed IT Services for Healthcare
Managed IT services can have a significant impact on the operations of healthcare organizations. Some of the key benefits of managed IT services include the following:
- Improved Efficiency and Productivity: By outsourcing certain IT functions, healthcare organizations can free up their internal resources and focus on their core competencies. This can result in improved efficiency and productivity, leading to a more successful and profitable organization.
- Better Data Security and Compliance: Managed IT services providers (MSP) are experts in data security and can help healthcare organizations comply with regulations like HIPAA and GDPR. With their expertise, they can help healthcare organizations keep their data safe and secure, avoiding costly breaches and penalties.
- Cost Savings: Outsourcing IT functions to a managed services provider can result in cost savings for healthcare organizations. Managed IT services providers can offer their services at a lower cost than hiring an in-house IT team, and they can also help organizations avoid the costs of maintaining and updating their own IT infrastructure. Many times, utilizing an MSP allows organizations to shift large capital expenses into predictable operating expenses.
- Access to the Latest Technologies: Managed IT service providers stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and can help healthcare organizations implement new technologies that will improve their operations. This can include cloud computing, telemedicine, and artificial intelligence.
While this list is general, it does give you an idea of what you can achieve with the right MSP. One of the other benefits that isn't listed is the flexibility and customization available with a strategic MSP. Strategic MSPs will work to tailor solutions to fit the individual needs of your healthcare organization.
Key Components of Managed IT Services for Healthcare
Choosing the right MSP is a lot like finding the right partner. In fact, a good MSP will be just that: your IT partner. It's important to make sure you're making the right choice when it comes to picking a provider.
When choosing a managed IT services provider, there are several key components that healthcare organizations should consider:
Choose a provider that offers a full range of services, including network management, security services, data backup and recovery, and help desk and technical support. The services the provider offers will often be similar to other providers, but it is still important to consider what your needs are when selecting a provider. Service examples are
- Network Management: A managed IT services provider should be able to manage and maintain an organization's network, ensuring that it is running smoothly and efficiently.
- Security Services: A managed IT services provider should be able to provide comprehensive security services, including data backup and recovery, intrusion detection, and firewalls.
- Data Backup and Recovery: In the event of a disaster or data loss, a managed IT services provider should be able to quickly and effectively recover an organization's data.
- Help Desk and Technical Support: A managed IT services provider should offer a 24/7 help desk and technical support to ensure that any IT issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
Experience & Expertise In Healthcare IT
It is important to choose a provider with experience and expertise in healthcare IT, as this industry has unique requirements and regulations. Look for a provider with a strong track record of success, including positive references and testimonials from other healthcare organizations.
Success stories of healthcare organizations that have implemented managed IT services with the provider you're considering is key to selecting a provider. Consider the type of issues faced by the organization and how the MSP handled those issues.
The Future of Managed IT Services in Healthcare
The healthcare industry is constantly evolving, and managed IT services will play an important role in shaping its future. Some of the key trends to watch for in the future of managed IT services for healthcare include:
- Advancements in Technology: As technology continues to advance, managed IT service providers will be at the forefront of implementing new technologies to improve the operations of healthcare organizations.
- Growing Demand for Telemedicine and Remote Patient Care: As the demand for telemedicine and remote patient care grows, managed IT service providers will be instrumental in helping healthcare organizations implement these technologies effectively.
- Increased Importance of Data Privacy and Security: With the growing importance of data privacy and security, managed IT service providers will play a critical role in helping healthcare organizations keep their data safe and secure.
How Anteris Can Help
Managed IT services are an increasingly popular solution for healthcare organizations looking to improve their efficiency, data security, and compliance. With the right provider, healthcare organizations can enjoy the benefits of managed IT services, including improved efficiency and productivity, better data security and compliance, cost savings, and access to the latest technologies.
When choosing a managed IT services provider, healthcare organizations should consider factors like experience and expertise in healthcare IT, a strong track record of success, comprehensive services and support, and a strong reputation. At Anteris, we have the experience and expertise to help healthcare organizations with their unique needs, including compliance.
The future of managed IT services in healthcare looks bright, with advancements in technology, growing demand for telemedicine and remote patient care, and increased importance of data privacy and security.